Monday, April 28, 2008

Question 1

1. What do you know already about the Holocaust?

I know that during the Holocaust, many people died during World War 2. I also know that the Holocaust had something to do with the German Nazis. I don't know the specific facts, but I do know that Jewish people were involved in the Holocaust. Keywords that I know that are from the Holocaust are: persecution, concentration camps, Jehovah's witnesses, Soviets. Anne Frank's diary was about the Holocaust, and how Anne Frank, her family and other Jewish people had to go into hiding.

3 comments:

Peter U said...

yeah nice blog Caroline,
i basically know what you also said, and that is the basic and so we are just looking forward to learn way many more things and learning more about life of Anne Frank and what the Nazis or Germans did to Jews.

LaurenK said...

Whoa Caroline! You have known about the Holocaust more than I did. I only knew about the basic information on the Holocaust, but it seems like you have known more specifically about the Holocaust. I knew that the Holocaust was related to the Jews and the Germans, but I did not even know that it had occured during the World War 2. Also, it seems like you have known about the concentration camps and persecution earlier. I knew about those after we learned it in class.
Anyways! Nice blog that you posted. Love yaaa <3 visit minee

Hannah Lavender said...

Great blog!! I think this is a really good basic description of what the Holocaust was about. It did have something to do with the Jewish people because Hitler and his army people had prejudice towards the Jews and they persecuted them for their religion. That's why Anne Frank and the rest of the people she was in hiding with had to go into hiding, because they would have had to be taken to a concentration or extermination camp by the Germans. Good job giving a concise description!! Keep it up!! =)